- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 oz can cream-style corn
- melted butter
- 2 fresh eggs, beaten (thank you Peeps!)
- 1 1/2 cups white, yellow or blue cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mixed shredded cheddar cheese and Monterrey Jack cheese
- 5 fresh green chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, deveined and chopped OR 4- oz. can
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners or grease and flour each cup.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together milk, corn, butter and eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add mixture from medium-size bowl to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon a large spoonful of batter into each cup, filling about 1/3 of each cup, and top with a little cheese mixture and green chile, dividing evenly and reserving a little for sprinkling on top. Top with batter and reserved cheese and green chile. Each cup should be about two-thirds full.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until muffins are golden and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.